Chocolate PeanutButter Energy Balls
- 2 cups gluten-free brown rice cereal
- ¼ cup peanuts, finely chopped, divided (almonds)
- ½ cup peanut butter (almond butter)
- ½ cup maple syrup (or agave)
- 1 serving Chocolate Vega Sport® Performance Protein (or your fav protein powder)
- ½ tsp sea salt and more for sprinkling
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp water to help stick together if needed
- Combine brown rice cereal and two tablespoons of chopped peanuts in a large bowl.
- In a small pot, combine peanut butter and brown rice/maple syrup and warm over low heat until runny and well-mixed. Turn off heat and mix in Vega Clean Protein and salt.
- Coat a spatula with non-stick spray and pour peanut mixture into rice cereal mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Once the mixtures have become well-incorporated, set it aside and let sit.
- In a separate pan, melt vegan chocolate chips with two teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, a spoon, or your hands, roll the dough into 14 balls and place on parchment paper. Alternatively, you can press entire mixture into 8”x8” pan lined with parchment.
- Dip balls into chocolate or spread chocolate evenly over bars. Sprinkle with remaining chopped peanuts and sea salt.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or freeze.
RECIPE BY myvega.com